1) Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska): Alaska is an independent, open-minded, strong female character.
2) Margo Roth Spiegelman (Paper Towns): Margo knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to go after it.
3) Suze Simon (The Mediator): Another open minded, strong female character who knows how to deal with people, and won't stop until she gets what she wants. (Fun fact.. I named a cat after her) (:
4) Minny Jackson (The Help): Minny is stubborn, loving, and would do anything to take care of her family.
5) Molly Weasley (Harry Potter): During the final movie, when she stands up against Bellatrix, was very inspirational. (: