Monday, March 5, 2012

My top 5 picks

1.)  Sarah Young is seriously one of my favorite female authors for multiple reasons.  I discovered this author through her famous devotional Jesus Calling(which my brother gave me after returning from deployment in Egypt). Every morning I am inspired through her words about wisdom, choices, but ultimately your relationship with God.

2.) Anna Frank is one individual that has inspired hundreds of thousands just not me. This young women has shown the world what bravery means. Her good heart, and innocent perspective on life is very insightful. When we first read The Diary of Anne Frank  in middle school I couldn't fathom how such a young girl could have witnessed so much hatred and still look for the best in others.

3.) Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games is a very noble character.  Bravery, honesty, and loyalty are just some of the morals she portrays within the books.  Personally she has taught me that with determination you can accomplish anything, no matter how impossible it seems.  Life will beat you up and tear you down. Ms. Everdeen has shown the world, if you fight for what you know is right,  eventually you will overcome any challenge.

4.) Arwen from Lord of the Rings shows exactly what girls are capable of. Through out the whole book she sacrifices everything to benefit others. Her selflessness is really encouraging to read about. In my own life when I am about to do something selfish I think of that book and the things Arwen did. This character truly taught me a lot about my life and making the harder choices.

5.) Hermione Granger from Harry Potter is such a brilliant character. Throughout all seven books in the Harry Potter series she is the self proclaimed, "know it all". If there was anyone to get Harry and Ron out of trouble it is her.  Her character is a very outgoing, perfectionist. I admire her for these characteristics because this is something her and I share.  Ms. Granger shows that wanting to be successful and striving to do your best pay off  eventually. Also I love her happy and optimistic personality.